He keeps his students’ confidence firm and helps them to understand that success and failures are a part of life.
He helps his students to inculcate confidence and prepare for the tough challenges ahead.
A good tutor is adaptable
Every student is different and every need is different. A good tutor adapts himself to the tailored needs of his students. He is not stern or sick to the old rules of pedagogy.
He creates his own way of teaching according to the students that help them derive the maximum benefit. He understands the goals and aspirations of his students and adopts an approach that helps them to achieve their goals.
A good tutor is always available
A good tutor is someone who is always in the easy reach of his students. He is always accessible and helps the students whenever they need him.
Whether the students want help with the syllabus or need guidance in defining a career path, whether the students want to seek emotional support or look for someone to help them cope in the immense competitive world; a good tutor always stays at the reach of the students.
A good tutor is always full of energy
- Doing homework teaches you how to learn on your own and work independently. You’ll learn how to use resources such as texts, libraries, and the internet. No matter how well you thought you understood the material in class, there will be times when you’ll get stuck doing homework. When you face the challenge, you learn how to get help, how to deal with frustration, and how to persevere.
- Homework helps you learn beyond the scope of the class. Example problems from teachers and textbooks show you how to do an assignment. The acid test is seeing whether you truly understand the material and can do the work on your own. In science classes, homework problems are critically important. You see concepts in a whole new light, so you’ll know how equations work in general, not just how they work for a particular example. In chemistry, physics, and math, homework is truly important and not just busywork.
- It shows you what the teacher thinks is important to learn, so you’ll have a better idea of what to expect on a quiz or test.
- It’s often a significant part of your grade. If you don’t do it, it could cost you, no matter how well you do on exams.
- Homework is a good opportunity to connect parents, classmates, and siblings with your education. The better your support network, the more likely you are to succeed in class.
- Homework, however tedious it might be, teaches responsibility and accountability. For some classes, homework is an essential part of learning the subject matter.
- Homework nips procrastination in the bud. One reason teachers give homework and attach a big part of your grade to it is to motivate you to keep up. If you fall behind, you could fail.
- How will you get all your work done before class? Homework teaches you time management and how to prioritize tasks.
- Homework reinforces the concepts taught in class. The more you work with them, the more likely you are to learn them.
- Homework can help boost self-esteem. Or, if it’s not going well, it helps you identify problems before they get out of control.
Sometimes Homework Is Bad
So, homework is good because it can boost your grades, help you learn the material, and prepare you for tests. It’s not always beneficial, however. Sometimes homework hurts more than it helps. Here are five ways homework can be bad:
Teaching is a serious job but when some fun and enthusiasm is injected in the approach, the process becomes more productive. Positive energy benefits both the ends of the spectrum.
A tutor full of energy, confidence, and positive attitude always succeed in bringing the best out of the students. Tutor’s positive energy impacts the students in amazing ways.
A teacher who motivates their students with a positive approach is indeed the best tutor.
A good teacher is open to his students
The ideal relationship between a tutor and a student is one in which the student can discuss all his problems with the teacher without any hesitation. Apart from the syllabus, a student should be able to discuss his fears and insecurities with his tutor.
A good tutor is a good listener and helps his students to face their fears and insecurities with confidence.
These are the qualities of a good tutor.